Important Notice !!
Grading : att (10), hw(20), mid(30), final(30), proj(10)
1. Term project subjects
* Software defined networking
* Information centric networking
* Network function virtualization
* Massive IoT communications
* mmWave communications for 5G
* Block-chain and networking service
* New P2P and overlay networking technologies
* Distributed system and frameworks for applications
* Data center networking
* Machine learning for wireless networking
* Industrial Iot networking
* Vehicular communications, V2X and internal vehicle communication (CAM)
* Security for wired or wireless communications
* Visual light communication using Tera-Hz spectrum (VLC)
* Multimedia streaming
* Bio-molecular and nano communication
* Quantum communications
Grading rule for the term project
- Novel idea and Implementation: Best (20)
- Own Implementation : Better (17)
- Novel design and implementation plan : good (14)
- Creative and novel design : not bad (12)
- Existing idea with good presentation: bad (7)
- poor presentation: worse (4)
2. Lab. activity
- Lab. activity or a term project is conducted by individual or group of less than 3 persons
- Lab. activity should be submitted individually to Cyber campus like homeworks.
- Lab. document : http://www-net.cs.umass.edu/wireshark-labs/
- BYOL for class activity and homeworks with mininet-wifi, wireshark, etc.
3. Homework assignment
- Homework is only accepted through Cyber campus, not via email. (be careful late submission doesn't allow)
- Korean/ English will be okay for a report.
- [HW#5] Distance vector, Link state algorithms :
implement distance and link state algorithm for a given network topology and show your algorithm searches a shortest path successfully.
You can use any language you are familiar, C/C++, Java, Python, JS, etc
- [HW#9] Survey state-of-art technologies for network generation networking; individual homework, only one of group can reuse topic for the term project.
4. Wireshark installation
WireShark menu guide
5. Mininet-wifi installation
Mininet-wifi installation guide (https://github.com/intrig-unicamp/mininet-wifi)
Download and install VMware workstation
Download Ubuntu 14. 04 virtual disk image (*.vmdk); from osboxes.org web-site
Create virtual machine in VMware with empty disk
Remove the empty disk image and add a new disk with above *.vmdk image.
Boot and login (you can try to install VM tools if needs ) (password: osboxes.org)
If you don’t have full size screen, then change display resolution of VM and display setting in Ubuntu
Now, you can have guest Ubuntu.
Lets update,"sudo apt-get update" in a terminal.
Lets intall mininet-wifi following instructions below:
step 1: $ sudo apt-get install git
step 2: $ git clone https://github.com/intrig-unicamp/mininet-wifi
step 3: $ cd mininet-wifi
step 4: $ sudo util/install.sh -Wnfvl
Cd /mininet-wifi/examples/ in the installed location of mininet-wifi
Try one example, ‘sudo python sta_ap_mode.py’
FYI, vmdk or ova virtual disk for mininet-wifi image is available in Internet.
6. Class schedule